Guest post by Ariel Abbott
Las Vegas, named Sin City for its gambling, wild nightlife, and crazy pool parties, is just as infamous for its food. And hey, there’s no better sin than gluttony! While finding Las Vegas deals on rooms and shows is easy, food is an expense you just can’t avoid when you’re traveling. Whether you’re looking for a nice night out, a quality buffet, or just some food to cure your drunchies or hangover, we’ve got you covered for the best cheap eats in Las Vegas. For you traveling foodies, there’s no need to ditch quality food to find cheap Las Vegas restaurants. Here are our top food picks for Las Vegas travelers on a budget:
Photo courtesy of rfung8 via Creative Commons
1A Las Vegas vacation is not complete until you experience an all you can eat buffet at one of the famous Las Vegas hotels. These buffets, however, could leave a dent in your wallet if you don’t choose wisely. Here’s a list of a few tasty Las Vegas buffets that won’t ruin your budget:
- Cravings Buffet at the Las Vegas Mirage
- Bacchanal Buffet at Caesars Palace Las Vegas
- The Buffet Bellagio Vegas
- Garden Court Buffet at Main Street Station Casino in Downtown Las Vegas
2If you’re not wanting to hit up a buffet, Las Vegas hotels are full of restaurants, and it’s not hard to find one if you walk along the strip. Some of these restaurants can be pretty pricey but there are some quality choices for Vegas restaurants on a budget:
- Culinary Dropout at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino. On top of its quality cuisine, this restaurant and bar has a fun rebellious atmosphere, occasional live music, and appealing décor.
- Ichiza in Chinatown Las Vegas. This Japanese restaurant is a favorite for locals in Las Vegas!
- America Las Vegas in the New York New York. Open 24 hours, the food at this restaurant makes me proud to be an American.
- House of Blues Restaurant at the Mandalay Bay Hotel Las Vegas. Head here for some old-fashioned southern food and a fun atmosphere.
Photo courtesy of elifra121589 via Creative Commons
3No matter how much you eat at the buffet or for brunch on the morning after your night out in Vegas, there’s always room for dessert. It’s a separate stomach, right? Here are some our favorite dessert spots in Las Vegas:
- Serendipity 3 located outside of Caesars Palace. This dessert shop is famous for its “Frozen Hot Chocolate” and sundaes!
- Blizz Frozen Yogurt at the Las Vegas Mirage. With some froyo and fresh toppings you can binge and you don’t even have to feel that guilty for your gluttony!
- Luv-It Frozen Custard. If you’re staying in Downtown Las Vegas, this classic cash only ice cream shop, although technically not ice cream, is located on East Oakley Blvd and is a can’t miss if you’re in the area.
- The Ice Pan at Harrahs. This fresh ice cream shop is open late and you can watch the ice cream being made! Fresh, cheap, and delicious…yes please!
Ariel Abbott is a Las Vegas travel expert and editor of CheapoVegas.com.